11/23/2010

Squirming - Wriggle or twist the body from side to side

I won't go into the dirty details, suffice to say I had a rough night of work. A small intermission of happiness occurred when I had dinner with a friend who just passed the bar exam but afterwards I spent a half hour curled up in the corner of my truck cab talking with my boss on the phone and trying to keep it together.

Upon arriving in my room, having no computer, I decided sleeping ten hours might be a good choice and proceeded to do so. I awoke at seven am to two picture messages from my boss containing reviews that had arrived from other schools evaluating my programs. The messages read:
"The best presenter we have ever had."
"Perfect presenter for elementary kids."
Waking up to that kind of awesome forces me to take a whole new perspective on this situation, I need to look at this as a challenge, not a day to simply put up with.

Hence, this morning I figured out how to pump myself up:
1) Coffee
2) Repeating Jessica's Daily Affirmation to myself
3) Playing Mika way too loud
4) Listening to Patton Oswalt's D&D Drawf songs about zombies

"Zombie ***** are very cold and their ass is full of vermin, but they don't have to breath, so their ******** leave you squirming."

Today I found it takes very little to make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment