11/20/2010

Thanksgiving - a public acknowledgment or celebration of divine goodness

Holidays are upon us. Mom told me, "It's okay if you don't come down for Thanksgiving," which in mom means, "I don't want to cook," which is fine. We see each other all the time. Though further thought makes me realize it will be my first time by myself. Hmm. I guess I'll do laundry.

Like everyone, there are things I dislike about the holidays:
Christmas music that plays before Thanksgiving day.
Decorations appearing before Halloween.
Thanksgiving not getting its due justice.
Crowds.

But one thing above all others I can love. One thing I wouldn't mind being around all year, and that's holiday cups. I'm thankful for holiday cups! They can brighten up even my dourest morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment