11/29/2010

Craving - an intense, urgent, or abnormal desire or longing

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

What's happening? Do I need a cigarette? I feel like I do.

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

I can't stop fidgeting or moving. I'll try something salty. Make popcorn. Doesn't help.

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

I keep doing this to my chin, tapping my knuckle against it. I was fine a second ago...chocolate. I need chocolate. I feel stupid for falling into this girlie trope but maybe if I just get a little chocolate I'll calm down. One thing though. I despise chocolate therefore never keep any around the house. I check again and again, maybe I hid some somewhere for such emergencies. I zip in and out of the kitchen like a crack addict. I open the freezer and see a pint of something called buckeye blitz Nick's friend brought over during the Michigan game.

Me: Do you mind if I have a little bit of this? I feel like I might slit someones throat if I don't get chocolate.
Nick: Ummm...
Casey's eyes slightly widen but he keeps a level voice: I think you really only have one option here.
Nick: No, I kind of want to have fun with this.
Casey: I mean it comes down to either you or me.
Me to Nick: Yeah and you already wrote your rent check...

The two of them debate this for a bit longer while I in turn go for fuck it and take one scoop of the ice cream. Eating it is what I imagine great sex to be like. I feel bad. I try to keep 'girl crazy' to a minimum but tonight it boiled over.

Later-
Nick: I'm just worried because the last time you craved chocolate was when we were in Lima then the next day you were a total bitch and explained to me what was going on.
Me: No, it's too soon for that. (I mock whisper to Casey) I think I might be pregnant.

Later still I sit at the table with Nick-
Me: It can't be that time, right?
Nick exasperated: I don't keep track of your cycles.
We then both laugh until tears are in our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment